- We buy Latvian commemorative coins
- New Latvian coin - Baby Coin
- New Latvian coin - Rudolfs Blaumanis
- New Latvian coin - Silver Salmon
- 1 Lats Coin- Christmas Bells
- New Latvian coin - Kārlis Zāle
- New Latvian coin - Riga ZOO
- New Latvian coin - Hedgehog
- New Latvian coin - 100 years in Olympic Games
- New Latvian coin - Stone Coin
- 1 Lat coin - Gingerbread heart
- New Latvian coin - Railway in Latvia
- Original Silver Coins of the Russian Empire
- Original Latvian Silver Coins-Memorial Set
- New Latvian coin - Riga Money 800
- New Latvian coin - Riga Cathedral
- 1 Lat coin - Beer mug
- New Latvian coin - RIGA
- New Latvian coin - Rundale Palace
1 Lat coin - Gingerbread heart
Any housewife knows that the gingerbread dough has to be prepared well in advance of Christmas, so that it can take in the whole bouquet of aromas and tastes from the spices which make this treat so unique.
In addition to a fine recipe, good thoughts, a bright candle and a warm-hearted and loyal companion to help with crushing the spices and tasting the dough are equally important for the preparation process. All conditions observed, the baking time will be filled with inspiration and warmth and the resulting gingerbread will be extremely delicious.
Gingerbread is a unique treat. It is difficult to imagine any other pastry that has so many different recipes. Gingerbread has already been baked for thousands of years and each housewife has her own secrets. Big and small, richly decorated or plain, bearing inscriptions of affectionate words or embodying warmth themselves, gingerbread items appeal to practically everybody and bring festive sensations even in the absence of a Christmas tree and other attributes characteristic for the season.
A gingerbread heart is, no doubt, the queen of all types of gingerbread and not just during the Christmas season. Many romantic stories have begun with a gingerbread heart presented at a fair or some other event where it helped to approach one's sweetheart when any words seemed too loud. A gingerbread heart is given in gratitude for good work or support as well as serves as a festive decoration and a self-made manifestation of one's artistic inspiration. We all feel touched receiving a gingerbread heart made by someone dear to us and representing something more than just a delicious treat. And we feel equally moved also when we ourselves give a gingerbread heart to somebody.